Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Semiya |Vermicelli Upma

semiya upma

 

 

Upmas are my favorite among breakfast recipes .Love to Red heart have all kind of varieties in upma.I have heard from many friends during my school days that they hate upma don’t why.Even till now I use to think why many people don’t like upma but not able to find the answer till now.If any one knew  the answer let me know as I’m too eager to know.For me upma means vegetable recipes.Without vegetables I don’t cook upma.For me it’s a must or atleast onion and potato.Since we are adding vegetables it’s a healthy lunch ideas too.Now a days started preparing upma in microwave and very soon will post that version too.In semiya I love to prepare upma, biriyani and curd biriyani.Just love it to the core.Will love to have any time of the day.When ever I prepare upma I will make a point to prepare little more extra and have it any time whenever I feel hungry during the day.According to me preparing upma for breakfast is a nice breakfast idea .Now moving on to the recipe.

 

Ingredients :

Vermicelli/Semiya 2 cups
Onion 1 no
Mixed veggies 1 cup
Green chillies 3-4 nos
Water 2 cups
Salt Req

 

Seasoning :

oil 1 1/2 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Channa dal 1 tsp
Urad dal 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves Req

Method :

1. Take little ghee in your palm and mix with the vermicelli then dry roast the vermicelli.

IMG_1703

2. In a wok pour oil do the seasoning and add the onion,fry till transparent.

sauted onion

3. Then add the chopped veggies and cook till tender.

sauted veggies

4. Now pour the water and allow it to boil nicely.\

water boiling

5. Then add the vermicelli mix nicely and close with the lid.every 2-3 min’s once open the lid and mix the upma nicely.Repeat the process for atleast 4 times.

mix upma

6. Vermicelli upma is ready to serve hot.

IMG_1745.CR2

 

Notes :

1. I followed the water ratio mentioned in MB’s cookbook.

2. While measuring the vermicelli don’t crush too much.Crush lightly.

3. Can add veggies of your choice.I added carrot,potato and beans.

4. The color of vermicelli I’m getting here is brown,hence my upma is also brown in color.

 

I’m very happy and super excited to receive my first blog award “LIEBSTER AWARD”.This award was passed to me by Pavithra.R of Secondattemptinblogging.Thanks a lot Pavithra for passing me this award.I would like to pass over this award to all the budding bloggers and I’m sure everyone deserves this.

 

1st award

15 comments:

Vimitha Durai said...

Simple and comfort quick fix recipe
Win flipkart vouchers from 27coupons.com. Enter now

Priya Suresh said...

Never get bored of this upma,my all time favourite.

Priya Anandakumar said...

Nice and healthy upma...

Priya Anandakumar said...

Congrats on your award...

Prema said...

Simple & looking heavenly...tempting clicks :)makes me hungry!

Julie said...

looks mouthwatering dear:)
Participate & win e gift vouchers (worth Rs 1000& Rs 500)in Flavors Of Cuisines-"Chinese"

Sangeetha M said...

Upma, one of my fav breakfast, love this vermicelli upma too..your pics looks so inviting and makes me hungry..nice!

Unknown said...

upma looks yummy dear and nice explanations:)

divya said...

looks so delectable.. And nice clicks too...

Chitra said...

Congrats on ur award.. Wish u get many more.. Upma looks fluffy and nice.. my hubby's fav :)

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Congrats on the award dear...this upma is a regular in our house..you've made it perfectly

Sudha Sabarish said...

Thanks Chitra,Priya and Kaveri for your wishes.

Priya Anandakumar said...

Wonderful and exciting award is waiting for you in my place, please collect it.
http://priyas-virundhu.blogspot.co.uk/p/awards.html

Will be happy if you follow me back.
Thank you

M D said...

love this semiya upma, its a household favourite!

My World My Home said...

Wow.....upma looks delicious....:-)