I have never used methi in my cooking as i was scared that,if its not cooked properly it will give a bitter taste.So this time when my mom i learnt from her and was really tasty and a healthy one too.....
|Methi Leaves||1 bunch(Finely chopped)|
|Tamarind paste||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Sambar powder||1/2-1tsp pinch|
|Red chillie powder||Req (optional)|
|Turmeric powder||1/8 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Channa dal||1 tsp|
|Urad dal||1/2 tsp|
1. Cook the rice as we normally cook and keep separately.
2. Pour oil in a wok and do the seasoning.Then put the turmeric powder,hing and the onions and fry till transparent.
3. Now add the finely chopped methi leaves.
5. Now add the thick tamarind paste and allow it to boil for few seconds.
6. Now add the jaggery and salt and saute till the raw smell of tamarind leaves.Then add the sambar powder.
7. Add the cooked rice at this stage and mix well so that the entire methi leaves mixture is nicely blended with the rice.
8. Now put off the fire and serve the rice with any kind of raita of your choice.
1. Add the red chillie powder incase sambar powder is not spicy while sauteing the tamrind paste and jaggery.
2. Should not avoid jaggery,because incase methi leaves are bitter this will reduce the bitter.