Mullangi pulav or mullangi sadam what ever we call is the one of yummiest rice recipes in vegetarian recipes and moreover a vegan option too,that I have ever tasted till now.I got the recipe from a cookery book which came as a attachement with a magazine and tried and got a big thumps up from my entire family i.e from my mom,aunt,sis,cousin and sil after they tried hearing from me.What else I need apart from this .That too from my dad.I need to say about my dad,he won’t praise or say a dish too be good unless the dish is super good.When he himself told that the rice in really good and can have frequently I was really happy and don’t have words to tell about it .My hubby who use to run a mile if I say radish as he hate the smell and because of it till now only once I have done radish sambar coz I wanted to have.But this time when I prepared this rice and gave he had silently without telling anything.I was surprised and rather confused why he’s not telling any thing.The same day night he was asking me, again when you will prepare this rice as I want it frequently.I was shocked and surprised and can’t believe myself.A person who hates radish to the core is asking me do it again.OMG that much tasty was the rice.
So I’m damn sure who ever hates radish definitely they will love this rice a lot.This is a fail proof recipe I can say.This is one among easy recipes for rice and would recommend this strongly and the best way of having radish too.So now onwards I think making the kids and even adults to have radish is very easy and one more one pot meals and a easy lunch box recipe too.
|Cooked rice 1 1/4 cup||1 bunch|
|Grated mullangi or radish or mooli||1 cup|
|Onion||1 no chopped|
|Tomato||1 big sized chopped|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/8 tsp|
|Mint leaves||5-10 nos|
|Coriander leaves||1 fist|
Grind To Paste :
|Fennel seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Green chillies||3 nos|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
1. In a wok do the seasoning and add the chopped onions,ginger garlic paste and fry for few seconds.
2. Now add the chopped tomato,required salt and fry only few seconds and not mushy.
3. Now add the turmeric powder and the ground paste and sauté.
4. Its time to add the grated radish and sauté well and allow to boil nicely till raw smell leaves.For me it took 15-20mins and need not add any water as the onion,tomato and of course radish also use to leave water.
5. Now add the chopped mint leaves and fry.I use dried mint leaves(for that see the notes).
6. Now finally add the cooked rice and give a quick stir.If interested can add chopped coriander leaves at this stage.
7. Tasty,yummy and delicious radish pulav is ready.Serve hot with any kind of raita.
1. After grating radish don’t squeeze and remove the water as the entire thing has to be cooked in the water which radish leaves.
2. Using fresh radish is recommended.
3. Very very important to cook till the raw smell of radish leaves.
4. Adjust the quantity of items given under to grind column according to taste.But shouldn’t be less than the given measurements.
5. Don’t fry the onion and tomato till too mushy.
6. Since I get mint leaves only when I go to indian stores,I use to wash the fresh mint leaves,pat dry on a kitchen towel and then microwave for few min’s till its dried.Then will store in a zip lock cover and will use when ever required.So this way whenever I want I can use mint leaves and no way of mint leaves getting wasted if not used in few days of buying.
7. Quantity of cooked rice may vary.So after adding one cup,if further required add 1/4 cup or can just skip off.
8. Adding ghee gives a nice flavor to the rice and also helpful for remove the raw smell of radish.