I have never had kadai paneer before but still heard about it and since it’s a dry side dish I was little hesitant to try it out as was afraid whether my hubby will like it or not as always he would love to have only thick gravies for roti’s or chapathi not the dry gravies.But since this time i bought paneer from cosco I was having huge paneer lying in my fridge and some how wanted to finish off. So I got the recipe from my sis . She use prepare to Menu Rani Chellam’s style which she learnt from her, when she went to her cookery class.So I was little confident that definitely it will turn out to be great but only thing is my hubby should like it.But after having it he said ok for this dry gravy side dish alone.Since he loved this one planning to slowly try other dry gravies also for roti’s.But this time I tried with parotta and turned out to be nice.In future coming posts planning to try lot more paneer recipes and post in my blog.So if no further delay let me go to kadai paneer.
|Capsicum||2 nos cubes|
|Tomato||3 finely chopped|
|Red chillie powder||3/4th tsp|
|Dhania powder||2 tsp|
|Kasoori methi||1 tsp|
|Kadai paneer masala||2 tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1 tsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
Kadai Paneer Masala(roast and powder) :
|Red chillies||6 nos|
|Fenugreek seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
1. Roast the items and powder them in the blender/mixie which is given under kadai paneer masala.
2. Add few teaspoons of oil in a wok,saute the capscicum and paneer and set aside.
3.Now do the seasoning given in the sesoning column and fry onions till they turn transculent.
4. Then add the tomato and fry till it turns mushy.
5. Once the onions turns mush add the dry powders along with the grind powder and salt.
6. Now churn the curd and add to the other ingredients in the wok.
7.Once the curd is nicely mixed add the sauted paneer and capsicum.
8. Mix everything well so that paneer and capsicum is well coated with the dry powder and mixes nicely with the other ingredients .
9.Serve hot with any kind of rotis/phulkas.I served with parotta.
1. Don’t put the entire kadai paneer masala powder.Just go along with the measurements given and reserve the rest of the powder.
2. I added less spice powder as the powder I’m using is too hot.So adjust according to the taste.
3. Churning the curd give nice look which I didn’t do.
4. While sauting capsicum have to take care to retain the crunchiness.
I’m very happy to receive my second liebster award from Priya's space.Thank you Priya for passing me the award and glad to receive the award from you.