This is a very interesting recipe and a healthy dosa too.First when is heard the recipe from my mom i was asking my mom wether we will get the smell or the bitter taste of curry leaves.For that she replied try out and see as she was also in doubt regarding the smell and taste when she first saw the recipe in Revathy Shanmugam's cookery show.Then i thought to try it out and was really awesome and the taste was too good too.So i thought i will share the recipe with you guys too.Its really healthy and easy to prepare and also one more dosa variety which kids will love to have.
|Raw Rice||1 1/2 cups|
|Boile Rice||1/2 cup|
|Urad dall||1/4 cup|
|Toor dall||1 tbsp|
|Rice flakes/poha||1/2 cup|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 cup|
|Green chillies||4 nos|
1. Soak raw rice,boiled rice,urad dall ,toor dall and fenugreek together for around 3 hrs.Soak rice flakes seperately for around 1/2 hr and then grind the total ingredients together in the mixie and allow it to ferment.
2. Now dilute the dosa batter with little water as do for normal dosa and pour the batter in the dosa tawa as usual.But the dont make it too thin pour as a oothapam and cover with a lid and cook.
3. Now the dosa/oothapam is ready and serve with any kind of chutney's.I served with coconut and onion chutney.
1. Before pouring the batter on the dosa tawa,tawa should become nicely hot and then keep in sim and then pour the batter with the ladle.
2. Instead of oothapam we can prepare as normal dosa also but i found the oothapam to be the best.
3. You can also grate the carrot and put on top of the dosa.
4. I grinded the batter in the evening and allowed it to ferment the whole night.
Sending this to Radhika's lets cook series-rice.