I was having cucumber lying in my fridge unused for some time.Since i use to prepare cucumber sambar now and then wanted to try some thing new.So when i was searching for a different recipe i came across this recipe and thought of trying with no further delay.When everything was done waiting for my hubby to give his feedback and was bit scared.But his expression was and the main thing he liked was the crunchiness of the cucumber.So thought of sharing the recipe with you guys,as we normally prepare only salad with this.But this is totally new.
|Tomato||1 big sized|
|Ginger garlic paste||1/2 tsp|
|Dhania powder||3/4th tsp|
|Red chillie powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Curry leaves||a wig|
1. In a wok do the seasoning and add the onion and fry till transparent.
2 Then add the tomato and cook till it turns mushy.
3. Now add all the dry powders and saute till the oil oozes out.
4. Now add the chopped cucumber and fry until the cucumber is half tender and mixes well with the gravy .
5.Serve with hot rice,dolloped with ghee.
1. If interested can cook till the cucumber becomes too soft,but we liked half crunchy.
2. Can adjust the tangy and spice taste.
3. Can even paste the onion and tomato and make as a gravy.