Being not a very good fan of cauliflower and after hearing how much pesticides they're putting of the cultivation,stopped having completely.But still when ever i see any of the cauliflower recipes i feel like trying and when my aunt told me about this masal dosa and guaranteed about the taste then i started to think about using cauliflower.When is was talking to my mom then she was giving me confidence that i do the proper cleaning like soaking in warm and then prepare nothing will be harmful.After her words i started using cauliflower for the very first time and it turned out really great.And was really super excited about the end result,doesn't sound silly .Ok ok i don't want to bore you guys by telling my own story.Now lets go to the recipe.
|Cauliflower||1 1/2 cup(finely chopped)|
|Carrot||1/2 cup (-do-)|
|Onion||1 big sized|
|Tomato||1 big sized|
|Coriander leaves||2 tbsp(finely chopped)|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
To Powder :
|Roasted gram||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Red chillies||3-4 nos|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
1. Put the cauliflower in lukewarm water with salt and bit turmeric powder and set aside for few min's.
2. Finely chop all the veggies and boil in the cooker upto 1 whistle and set aside.
3. Now powder the items given under to powder column.
4. In a wok pour the oil and do the seasoning and add the onion.Fry till onion becomes transparent
5. Now add the tomato and fry till they become mushy.
6. Throw in the main ingredients cauliflower along with other veggies and give a quick stir for few min's.
7. Its time to add the grounded powder and mix well.
8. Now add water and allow it to boil for around 20min's or till the raw smell goes.
9. Prepare normal dosa and once its cooked, keep the masal in the centre(like normal masal dosa) and cook.
Cauliflower masal was yummy to have with curd rice too.
1. Powdering portion is important so please don't replace with dry powders.
2. Cooking for a long time is important to remove the raw smell,so cook accordingly.
3. Adjust the spice level according to taste.
4. My dosa didn't turn out too brown as batter becoming sour in this climate is very very difficult.
5. If required can even add coriander leaves.
Technorati Tags: Cauliflower masal dosa,gobi masal dosa,easy cauliflower masal dosa,how to cook cauliflower masal dosa,tiffin varities,breakfast varieties,cauliflower recipes,cauliflower veg recipes,tasty cauliflower masal dosa.