Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Vendakai Pachadi | Okra Gravy | Ladiesfinger Curry

vendakai pachadi

 

   Regular followers of my blog will surely know that I’m trying and posting lot of gravies for rice mainly because my hubby always wants only kuzhambu varieties for rice than any variety rice. This pachadi is one of the tasty recipe which I used to prepare when ever I get nice fresh ladies finger and goes well with rice .I use to prepare only very few dishes using ladies finger i.e morekuzhambu and stir fry.This is the one such recipe of my mom’s which I loveSmile and like a lot with ladies finger.When ever I see any other different recipes using ladies finger I feel like trying but don’t  know why never tried Sad smile any thing though I get tempted a lot to try.Though I hate the sticky portion in ladies finger I love a lot to have anything and every thing with ladies finger as its one of my favorite vegetable.So thought of sharing you a different dish which my hubby loves a lot.

Ingredients :

Ladies finger 150gms(app)
Tamrind pulp 1 tbsp
Jaggery 1/2 tsp
Salt Req
Water Req

To Grind :

Grated Coconut 3 tbsp
Dhania 1/2-3/4th tsp
Roasted gram 2 1/2 tsp
Red chillies 3-4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4th tsp

Seasoning :

Oil 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves Req

 

Method :

1. Grind all the ingredients given under grinding column and set aside.

Grinding ingredients

2. Now chop the ladies finger,pour oil in a wok do the seasoning and add the chopped ladies finger.

Seasoning and chopped ladies finger

3. Fry till the stickiness leaves and the ladies finger is fried and reduced in volume.

Ladies finger reduced in volume

4. Now add the ground paste,tamrind pulp,jaggery,salt and enough water and allow to boil.

Add ground paste

5. It has to boil nicely till the raw smell leaves and the water is absorbed .

Add water

6. Once the gravy becomes thick put off the fire and serve hot with rice and ghee.

Gravy becomes thick

 

Notes :

1. Adjust the tamrind ,jaggery and red chillies according to the taste.

2. Best is when served hot.

15 comments:

Chitra said...

Looks nice , my mom makes one .will try ur version.

Sangeetha Nambi said...

OMG ! New one to me... Bookmarked !
http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

Vimitha Durai said...

Would love this with dosas. I make it a bit differently

Unknown said...

yummy:)

Priya Suresh said...

Wish i get a bowl of this pachadi, love to have with some rice.

Unknown said...

new and interesting okra gravy...
"Healthy Recipe Substitution" HRS EVENT Dec 20th to Mar 20th
SYF&HWS - Cook With SPICES" Series
South Indian Cooking

FewMinute Wonders said...

Very delicious. I love okra too, will this one a shot next time.

Julie said...

yummy pachadi!!
Participate & win e gift vouchers in Flavors Of Cuisines-"Chinese"

divya said...

Absolutely fabulous n Yummy!

Vineetha Sush said...

This sounds yummy ...tempting.

Home Cooked food said...

Yummy dish. Do visit me.

Prema said...

Delicious pachadi,healthy version...

Usha said...

Pachadi looks yum and inviting.

Rinku Naveen said...

delicious pachadi.

Medley of Many Things said...

ello, Good Evening! - Please do collect your Liebster Award(Favorite Blog Award) from http://secondattemptinblogging.blogspot.in/2013/03/my-first-ever-blog-award-liebster-award_15.html