Regular followers of my blog will surely know that I’m trying and posting lot of gravies for rice mainly because my hubby always wants only kuzhambu varieties for rice than any variety rice. This pachadi is one of the tasty recipe which I used to prepare when ever I get nice fresh ladies finger and goes well with rice .I use to prepare only very few dishes using ladies finger i.e morekuzhambu and stir fry.This is the one such recipe of my mom’s which I love and like a lot with ladies finger.When ever I see any other different recipes using ladies finger I feel like trying but don’t know why never tried any thing though I get tempted a lot to try.Though I hate the sticky portion in ladies finger I love a lot to have anything and every thing with ladies finger as its one of my favorite vegetable.So thought of sharing you a different dish which my hubby loves a lot.
|Tamrind pulp||1 tbsp|
To Grind :
|Grated Coconut||3 tbsp|
|Roasted gram||2 1/2 tsp|
|Red chillies||3-4 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4th tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
1. Grind all the ingredients given under grinding column and set aside.
2. Now chop the ladies finger,pour oil in a wok do the seasoning and add the chopped ladies finger.
3. Fry till the stickiness leaves and the ladies finger is fried and reduced in volume.
4. Now add the ground paste,tamrind pulp,jaggery,salt and enough water and allow to boil.
5. It has to boil nicely till the raw smell leaves and the water is absorbed .
6. Once the gravy becomes thick put off the fire and serve hot with rice and ghee.
1. Adjust the tamrind ,jaggery and red chillies according to the taste.
2. Best is when served hot.