Before marriage I had an opinion that daal wont taste good and will be too blend without any spices and never tasted palak too as myself and dad we’re not too big fan’s of north indian items.So never tried daal or palak.But after marriage only I started having palak that too only palak paneer or aloo palak when we go restaurants.That’s how slowly slowly started liking palak and thought of giving a try at home.But myself being a very great fan of greens and love to have I daily in any form,started cooking palak as getting fresh greens is a big thing here.So when I was talking to my aunt regarding palak she told me try this dal palak or even can be said as simple palak sambar in her style.Once I tried it and got addicted to its taste since there’s enough tanginess and spice too.Though its simple and easy to make and can prepare in no time but the taste is too yummy .Now a days started preparing this sambar frequently and became very big fan of daal palak or simple palak sambar.
|Moong daal||2 tbsp|
|Tomato||1 medium sized|
|Onion||1/2 finely chopped|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Red chillies||2 nos|
Method : 1. Cook daal seperately and set aside.Put the palak,tomato and green chillies in the cooker and cook upto 3 whistels.
2.Once cooled down smash them with the hand or with potato masher and set aside.
3. In a wok pour the oil and do the seasoning given under column and add the onions and saute little crunchy.
4. Now add the mashed palak,cooked daal ,required water and salt and boil nicely.
5. Add required water and salt and allow it to boil nicely.
6. Now serve with hot rice and ghee.
1. If want more tangy taste can even add tamarind pulp.
2. For spicy can add red chillie powder too.
3. Entire cooking can be completed in cooker too.