Its been a while i didn't try any new recipes and was bored with the old ones which use to prepare routinely.So thought of preparing Aloo Capsicum gravy and got the recipe from my friend and gave a try.It came very well and was perfect to have with Peas Pulav.
|Potato||1 no(big sized)|
|Dhania powder||1 tsp|
|Red chillie powder||1/2-3/4 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/4 tsp(optional)|
|Sugar||1/4 tsp (optional)|
|Coriander leaves||1 tsp(chopped)|
To Grind :
|Ginger||1/2 inch piece|
|Oil||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
1. Boil the potato upto 2 whistles and then cube the potato(mash 3 pieces of potato and reserve it) and fry in a wok with 3/4 tbsp of oil(reserve the balance oil for further cooking) for around 3-4 min's and keep separately.
2. In the same wok add the balance oil and saute the capsicum.
3. Grind the onion,ginger and garlic separately and tomato separately.Add the onion paste to the capsicum and then fry for few min's.
4. Now add the tomato paste and saute for around 4 mins.
5. The next will be adding the dry powders and salt.
6. Need the fry till the oil oozes out and entire water in tomato and onion is absorbed.
7. Now add the enough water and add cubed and mashed potato and check the salt.
8. Once the gravy becomes thick add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
Now the Gravy is ready to serve.
1. Mashing 3 pieces of potato cubes and adding to the gravy is purely optional.In case don't want the gravy to be thick can skip this step.
2. I grinded the onion and tomato coarsely as i want to feel that the onion is included in the gravy.
3. I didn't do the seasoning as i was running out of stock of cumin seeds.
4. If wish can even add the cream for garnishing.