After a very long time i'm posting a recipe and even was not able to visit many blogs due to some of my personal reasons.Even i thought that i will stop blogging permanently but my dearest hubby and my friend Prema were keep on insisting and motivating me to post the recipes and not to stop blogging and update the the blog whenever i find time .So again started with my blogging.
As i again started posting a recipe thought of posting a simple,yummy and easy recipe.When i was searching the recipes i found Tomato Pulao recipe from Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's site and found interesting.So with no delay i proceeded with the tomato pulao and as the name says it was really a mast and tasty tomato pulao.This pulao is prepared in the road side pav bhaji stalls in mumbai.They will prepare this tomato pulao with the left over bhaji by adding little more spices to it and make a yummy pulao.But i did it from the scratch and was so simple.So thought of sharing the recipe with you guys.
|Cooked rice||3 cups|
|Onion||1 large cubed|
|Tomato||1 medium cubed|
|Capsicum||1 medium cubed|
|Ginger&Garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Green chillies||2 nos|
|Tomato ketchup||2 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||A generous pinch|
|Red chillie powder||3/4 tsp|
|Pav bhaji masala||1 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||1 tbsp chopped|
1. In a wok pour oil , butter and add the onions and ginger garlic paste and fry till transculent.
2. Now add the chopped tomatos and fry for few min's.
3. After few min's add the chopped capsicum and all the dry powders and fry till the oil oozes out.
4. This is the time to add the tomato ketchup and fry it for few sec's.
5. Now add the water and allow it to boil.
6. Once the gravy starts boiling add the cooked rice.
7. Now mix the rice well and add the chopped coriander leaves and check for the salt and close with a lid and cook for 5 min's in lowest flame.
8. Now serve the tomato pulao with onion raitha.Can also serve with cucumber raitha too.
1. Can also add panner,fresh peas or veggies of our choice.
2. Can skip butter and use oil alone for cooking.