This is a very yummy and flavorful gravy and easy to make too.This goes well with white rice,chapathi and dosa.This is totally different with green peas masal..When is saw this recipe Revathy Shanmugam cookery show i was really impressed by the recipe and thought of trying it.Yesterday when i tried it was really yummy.Believe me if u try it then definitely will love it a lot.We had this gravy with the rice in the afternoon and with chapathi in the night and both of us loved it a lot.Very flavorful gravy and this is one of the gravies with potato peas combination which i love most.Trust me.
|Potato||1 no(big sized)|
|Frozen Peas||1/2 cup heaped|
To Grind :
|Tamarind pulp(thick)||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Dhania powder||1 1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red chillie powder||1 1/2 tsp|
|Green chillies||1 or 2 nos|
|Coriander leaves||2 fist full|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Urad dall||1/2 tsp|
|Oil||1 1/2 tbsp|
1. Soak cashew in water for 30 min's.Crush the garlic.Now grind all the ingredients in the grinding column except garlic.
2. In a cooker pour the oil and do all the seasoning.Add in the crushed garlic.
3. Now add the grinded masala and fry till oil oozes out(around 3-4 min's).
4. Now add the frozen peas to the masala,salt and saute for few min's.
5. Finally add the boiled potato(i boiled potato with 1 whistle in the cooker).
6. Wash the mixie with less water and pour the water to the sauted masala and veggies and close the lid.Put off the fire after 1 whistle.
7. Once the cooker is opened can pour more water if the water is not enough and boil for few sec's.
8. Now the gravy is ready and can serve with rice,pulav,roti,dosa etc.
1. The original recipe was with field beans but i substituted with aloo and peas.
2. Add repeating add less water before closing the cooker as the steam also will leave water.So once we open the cooker can check and if required can add water.
3. Can also prepare in a kadai.But while preparing in cooker and cooking upto 1 whistle the masalas will mix well with the veggies and the veggies also tend to absorb the masala taste.
4. If don't want too spicy can even reduce the green chillies or red chillie powder.