As I mentioned in my old post that I’m having lots of paneer and need to finish off,I tired this thuvayal based on Paneer which I came across Revathy Shanmugam’s cookery show.When I tried it turned really yummy and turned out delicious and was happy to get one more paneer recipe to my blog.In this recipe masala is the key ingredients for the flavor.This thuvayal was really delicious.Only few dishes get approval from my entire family and this is one among that.My sis was asking me when I'm going to do it again as she liked it a lot and wanted to have again and again.This Paneer thuvayal will be tasty if we have with rice but still I haven’t tried with chapathi/roti.We had only with rice and was lip-smacking .Really worth trying out this paneer thuvayal as we always use prepare paneer only with the north Indian style.This Paneer thuvayal is typical south Indian recipes style and if ur a person who love’s karakuzhambu a lot then this might turn to be absolute favorite one.From now onwards if I think about thuvayal this will be in the first place.
|Tamarind Paste||1 tbsp|
Grind to Paste :
|Coriander seeds||2 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Red chillie powder||2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Fennel seeds||1/2 tsp|
1. Powder all the ingredients in the grind to paste column and then pour little water and then grind to a paste.
2. In a wok pour oil and do the seasoning.Now add the onion,crushed garlic ,little curry leaves and fry till raw smell leaves
4. Now add the tomato and fry for few min’s.
5. Add the ground paste when the tomato is half cooked .Now fry entire things till the raw smell of the paste leaves and oil starts oozing out.
5. Then add the paneer,tamarind paste and give a quick stir.
7.Then add required water,curry leaves and allow the thuvayal to boil.
6. Now serve with hot rice and ghee.
1. Use nice ripen tomatoes so that will have nice tangy taste.
2. Increase or decrease the tamarind paste according to the tangy taste of tomatoes.
3. Don’t add too much of water.I added around 3/4th cup of water.
4. Need not boil the thuvayal too much.
5. This thuvayal is too spicy as this is similar to karakuzhambu so red chillie powder and pepper can be adjusted according to the taste.
6. Finally adding curry leaves gives a nice flavor for the thuvayal.