Beetroot is one veggie which everyone from kids to elder people hate and cry to have including me.Till now I don’t know the reason behind it, in spite of having more health benefits.But this thuvayal is really tasty and delicious.When I heard this recipe from my cousin I was having doubt about the taste but after preparing the thuvayal I tasted immediately and started liking it and made a note that next time whenever im buying beetroot I will surely do this thuvayal,as its not only tasty and also very simple to prepare.I can rather say that this is perfect for the bachelors.So thought of sharing the recipe with you.
|Beetroot||1 1/4 cup(grated)|
|Grated coconut||3 tbsp|
|Tamarind pulp||1 tbsp(thick)|
To Roast :
|Coriander seeds||1.5 tsp|
|Red chillies||2-3 nos|
1. Saute the beetroot in a pan/kadai until the water in the beetroot is absorbed the beetroot reduces in volume,color is changed.Now set aside the beetroot.
2. Roast the items given under the roast column and bring to the room temparature.
3. Now grind the beetroot,roasted items and the all the other ingredients in the mixie/blender and check the salt and spice level.
4. Serve with hot rice and ghee.
1. No need to do the seasoning.
2. While adding curry leaves need to add very very little say around 3 leaves, as adding more will dominate the beetroot taste.
3. Can adjust the spice and tamarind taste